Sadly Kathy had to work, so I went out around Chichester harbour on my own, & had an absolutely stunning day, was a proper old tall ship in Chichester but my camera decided it didn't want to play today, but I did have a number of firsts!
- First time i've had over 6.4kt's under sail (ok probably helped by the tide!)
- First time with the Genoa & Main up i've managed to sail backwards @ 2.5kt's! (definately helped by the spring tide)
- First time i've sailed past / upto another Leisure 17 - sail # 57 - Sea Star, even older than Subuci - shame the chap didn't want any further contact than a 'wave'
- First time i've goosewinged (Genoa to starboard & Main to Port side)
- First time i've sailed down & back up the mengham channel to my mooring
- First time I wrapped the port gib sheet around the tiller & into the starboard cleet as a type of 'auto helm' while I ran up the front of Monty to free up the jammed jib furler!
- First time i've crash Gibbed (sp?) while not paying attention and trying to film the Chinook that was hovering right above me!
Wish me luck! - he's the type of guy that catches a squash ball in his hand after i've served to tell me i hit it wrong.. doubt he's ever been on a sailing boat but he WILL be telling me how to do it & what i'm doing wrong! it's the 'older brother' in him, mixed with the 'police always know best!'
Oh i've ordered myself a new toy!! will give me something new to play with!
Max spd - 6.3 kt's
Av spd - 3.2 kt's