Our last 3 trips are as follows:
1. August bank holiday weekend:
- Friday - Chichester Harbour to Cowes - Finally made it, my 5th attempt!
- Saturday - Wandered up the Medina river towards Newport and back out with the tide, over to Wooton Creek, before embarking on our first 'night sail' from Wooton to Gosport.
- Sunday - Trip home from Gosport to Chichester (route shown on the pic) in poor visibility, hence the huge single tack out into the middle of the Solent to avoid, well pretty much anything!
2. An evenings drift with the tide:
- Drifted up towards Langstone sailing club on the flood, and back down to Wilson's on the Ebb, partly for a relaxing day, and also to scope out a new sailing club location
- Lovely late season force 4/5 in the sunshine, over to Bembridge, sailing at 6-7kts discovering (and proving) if it IS doable in a single tide.
- Exciting Sunday sail home with Force 6 winds and force 7-8 gusts, definitely proving it's doable in a single tide!